as your birth doula,
i am here to remind you of the innate wisdom you carry within your body
and support you in having an empowered and positive birth experience.
a consultation is complementary prior to booking
to discuss my service offerings, your individual needs,
& be sure that good vibes are felt on both ends.
- throughout your pregnancy, i am available via text, call, facetime, email (or impromptu get togethers) for emotional support and to answer any questions/concerns you may have.
- i offer (at least) 2 prenatal appointments so we can further discuss your goals &/or fears for birth, and create your ideal birth plan.
- prenatal appointments include your choice of any (or all of) the following: *aromatherapy- customized essential oil blends to meet your mental, emotional, and/or physical needs. *hypnotherapy or guided meditation/visualization- to help you get mentally prepared for the birth; to release any fears, or simply for relaxation. *one-on-one yoga "prescriptions"- to bring you physical relief, comfort, and encourage baby to be in prime positioning.
labor & birth support
- i am there with you during your entire labor & birth process to bring you physical relief with counter pressure and presence. (no time restrictions)
- i remind you of your birth plan and speak to you in a loving manner, using positive affirmations, breath guidance, relaxation techniques, and visualizations to help you through the process.
- i provide suggestions for labor positioning, and offer tools such as essential oils, a birthing ball, a rebozo, a hot/cold pack, etc.
First breastfeeding latch
- i am present for the first couple hours after baby is born, to offer initial breastfeeding support and help you achieve the first latch with your baby.
- i will encourage/advocate for skin to skin contact and family bonding time.
- we will have one appointment post birth to follow up and check in. we will chat about your birth and this will help you to process your experience.
- i will answer any questions and offer additional breastfeeding support or LC referrals, if needed.
"Remember this, for it is as true as true gets:
your body is not a lemon.
you are not a machine.
The creator is not a careless mechanic.
human female bodies have the same potential to give birth well as aardvarks, lions, rhinoceri, elephants, moose, and water buffalo.
even if it has not been your habit throughout your life so far,
i recommend that you learn to think positively about your body."
~ina may gaskin